National Shipping of America offers a unique service offering for our Puerto Rico customers
The MV National Glory (570 teu container ship), sails every other Thursday night from Jacinto Port in Houston arriving the following Thursday morning in San Juan with cargo availability the same day.
National Shipping is proud to advise that for the past three years we have provided a dependable and reliable service. Since the closure of Horizon Lines in December of 2014, we are the only carrier to offer a Houston gateway for the Puerto Rico trade. Houston serves cargoes originating and destined to points west of the Mississippi and caters to heavy, dense cargoes that are not cost effective to move via Jacksonville. National Shipping also offers carriage of out of gauge cargoes up to 100 tons per piece and intermodal West Coast service to and from the island.
Our terminal in Houston provides transloading facilities on dock.
National Shipping is proud to have served the Puerto Rico market from Houston for the past three years. We are a small flat organization that exemplifies customer service and fast responses to our customer’s needs.
NSA Service Advantage
• Fully cellular container ship with Jones Act trading rights
• Modern, slow speed diesel capable of burning 1% Sulphur for lowest environmental impact
• Operating since May 2013, the Isla Verde Express (IVE) has performed with 95% service reliability for both southbound and northbound voyages
• U.S. flag vessel with U.S. officers and crew
• Congestion-free terminals in Houston and San Juan provide quick turn times and value-added cargo handling services
• Wide variety of new container availability : D20’ / D40’HC / D45’HC / R40’HC and Flat Racks
• 96 reefer plugs for temperature control products
• Ability to carry oversize, out-of-gauge and project cargo
• 24/7 shipment visibility
• Only Houston caller serving Puerto Rico
• Small, flat organization facilitating fast responses to our customers’ needs
• A certified minority small business enterprise